Founder / CEO
0161 244 9581
Awaze is the largest managed vacation rentals and holiday resorts business in Europe, bringing together some of the continent’s most trusted travel brands, including cottages.com, Hoseasons, Landal GreenParks and Novasol.
€1.8bn turnover | 4,800 Employees | 110,000+ Properties | 8m + Holidaymakers each year | 36 Countries
We’re currently recruiting within our brand new tech and commercial hub in Central Manchester as we continue on our journey to create new and innovative products, which enable us to deliver everyday amazing holiday experiences that delight our guests, our owners, and our partners.
“Shared learnings and group-wide technological solutions will enable us to accelerate the pace at which we grow.”
We’re continually looking at new ways to create better experiences for our guests and owners: real time booking (including pricing and availability), quicker response times, virtual 3D tours, personalisation, owner onboarding and many more features to ensure we stay ahead of the market.
However, brought together through a number of strategic acquisitions, our brands and ways of working are fragmented. Separate platforms; different rules; old technology; expensive infrastructure; and vast amounts of technical debt.
To solve these issues and to deliver our group’s goal of developing a common platform for our guests and owners, we are accelerating our investment in innovative applications and services in our to achieve our ambitious growth plans.
ROLE: Senior Software Engineer, Core Products (Search)
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our new Search responsible for the design, build, and implementation of our search engine and key indexes, which will underpin and power our Awaze Vacation Rentals platforms.
Our Search platform will sit at the heart of everything we do, underpinning our flagship brands, serving multiple 3rd party distribution partners and providing faceted navigation and up-to-date price and availability data for an international portfolio of 100,000 properties (across cottages, lodges, parks).
What You’ll Do
• Work within a highly collaborative, value-driven team based in the UK and Denmark (Developers, QA and DevOps) and be responsible for building innovative customer experiences for our clients
• Pair with colleagues on a daily basis
• Drive continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible
• Be an active member of the developer and wider tech community within Awaze
Skills and experience you’ll need to succeed
You will be a hands-on Developer, experienced working on large/distributed systems, especially Search platforms.
• Significant commercial development experience with Java
• Experience using AWS (or GCP) infrastructure and managed services
• Experience/ knowledge in search technology (e.g. ElasticSearch or Solr)
• Knowledge of common application monitoring and alerting systems (such as NewRelic, CloudWatch, ELK)
• Experience working with CICD build pipelines using Jenkins, Azure DevOps, or similar
• Experience with containerisation and tools like Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with modern quality practices, such as pairing, TDD, BDD
• Worked within an Agile delivery team, using Scrum and/or Kanban to deliver incremental business value through frequent software releases
• Confident with Linux
• Preferred experience working in an online, transactional environment
What we will give you
Not only will you be joining a brand new team, you’ll also have the freedom to inform the best way of working to get the job done and paly a key role in helping us shape the culture of our new, City Centre office. We also provide:
• Flexible working
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Life assurance
• Very competitive salary with bonus scheme
• Matched private pension contribution
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Discount off all Awaze holidays
A word from our CTO
“This is an exciting time to join us, as we build an international technology team to accelerate the pace of value delivery to Awaze Vacation Rentals. As you might expect, strong product management and agile engineering practices are the foundation for this, and we’re looking to hire and nurture a great team with the skills and mindset to make this vision a reality.
Our current products have stood the test of time but with new investment, we’re now taking a quantum leap in terms of our adoption of modern tools and technologies to drive our growth. We’re forming autonomous product delivery teams in our new tech office in Manchester, complementing our development team in Suffolk, whilst forging closer collaboration with our tech teams in Copenhagen, as we build unified and scalable software for our brands.
We believe in autonomy, experimentation, failing fast and learning together. There’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact!”
Could you be interested in talking to us to learn more about how our technology powers everyday amazing holidays?
Please send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and lets chat.
Founder / CEO
0161 244 9581