Founder / CEO
0161 244 9581
Awaze is the largest managed vacation rentals and holiday resorts business in Europe, bringing together some of the continent’s most trusted travel brands, including cottages.com, Hoseasons, Landal GreenParks and Novasol.
€1.8bn turnover | 4,800 Employees | 110,000+ Properties | 8m + Holidaymakers each year | 36 Countries
We’re currently recruiting within our brand new tech and commercial hub in Central Manchester as we continue on our journey to create new and innovative products, which enable us to deliver everyday amazing holiday experiences that delight our guests, our owners, and our partners.
“Shared learnings and group-wide technological solutions will enable us to accelerate the pace at which we grow.”
We’re continually looking at new ways to create better experiences for our guests and owners: real time booking (including pricing and availability), quicker response times, virtual 3D tours, personalisation, owner onboarding and many more features to ensure we stay ahead of the market.
However, brought together through a number of strategic acquisitions, our brands and ways of working are fragmented. Separate platforms; different rules; old technology; expensive infrastructure; and vast amounts of technical debt.
To solve these issues and to deliver our group’s goal of developing a common platform for our guests and owners, we are accelerating our investment in innovative applications and services in our to achieve our ambitious growth plans.
ROLE: Product Manager, Search Platforms
We have a brand new position available for an experienced Product Manager responsible for defining and delivering our end-to-end roadmap for our new Search platform.
• Gather and prioritise future and operational requirements and lead the team to deliver new technology solutions for search and channel management across AVR.
• Build the roadmap for the delivery of the new features that will meet the requirements for AVR search and channel management
• Work closely with key business stakeholders to understand the future requirements of search and channel management across AVR
• Work closely with business analysts to create epics and user stories that specify the features to be build new products for availability and channel management for AVR
• Effectively document and explain new requirements for internal engineering teams using user stories, and acceptance tests and help the teams in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller. Identify opportunities to release incremental value.
• Ensure understanding and communication of requirements throughout the deliver.
• Drive and document NFRs to ensure that we build a robust, extensible, supportable strategic core product
• Ensure Technology policies & standards are considered and adhered to during development.
• Primary go-to for all matters relating to the new products for Search and Channel Management in AVR.
• Present to other AVR Product areas the new products and its functional/ engineering capabilities, including demonstrating the platform features to ensure revenue, customer and owner satisfaction goals are met
• Work with the core reservations system product teams enabling the transition from existing legacy technologies to the new to deliver market leading features
• Ensure that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals and deliver prioritised features and corresponding justification
Skills and experience you’ll need to succeed
• A passion to contribute to and influence the core booking management roadmap.
• Experience of working with 3rd party product distributors and previous experience of working on a search and availability solution.
• Working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and understanding how to contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver market leading products.
• Thinking at a conceptual level across several different services and products.
• Experience of working in a Product Team to ensure the highest standards are met.
• Demonstrated success by defining and launching excellent products/projects through the introduction of new technologies and processes
• The ability to influence without authority and build stakeholders across all business functions
• Have a solid technical understanding to be comfortable having technical conversations, understand the possibilities of technologies used in core booking management systems and know when to challenge and ask questions.
• Demonstrate exposure to and experience of core development skills – architecture, requirements definition and testing and briefs
• Experience of working with a high degree of independence and maturity of judgment to resolve complex and at times conflicting guidance
• An all-rounder with flexibility to work intelligently and on a broad range of business challenges ranging from back end security requirements to guest/owner facing business challenges
• A tenacious achiever with strong execution and project management skills demonstrated through complex and high-profile projects delivered within the travel industry
• Must relish seeking input from diverse sources, both co-located and non, giving both its line and dotted line leaders an equal voice in the process.
• You will have strong problem-solving skills and ability and strong verbal and written communication skills to resolve seemingly conflicting stakeholder opinions through data and analysis to drive customer-centric change and transformation. You must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
• You will have an understanding of - or a desire and ability to rapidly learn.
• Evidence based decision making to explain why prioritisation has taken place
• Evidence of building of trust and respect with stakeholder across the organisation
What we will give you
Not only will you be joining a brand new team, you’ll also have the freedom to inform the best way of working to get the job done and paly a key role in helping us shape the culture of our new, City Centre office. We also provide:
• Flexible working
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Life assurance
• Very competitive salary with bonus scheme
• Matched private pension contribution
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Discount off all Awaze holidays
Could you be interested in talking to us to learn more about how our technology powers everyday amazing holidays?
Please send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and lets chat.
Founder / CEO
0161 244 9581