0161 244 9583
Head of IT & Change
MRJ have been instructed to find a Head of IT & Change for a Lancashire based company who are of the UK’s largest fulfilment companies.
The company is embarking on a very exciting journey with investments right across the business (including but not limited to technology, depots & people) and see this newly created IT & Change position as an essential hire to enable their ambitious growth plans to succeed.
Reporting to the MD, the Head of IT & Change will join the senior leadership team and will be fully responsible for initiating, driving & delivering the much needed strategic technology and business change agenda.
You will be expected to:
• Build a visionary IT & Change function that fosters a culture of continuous integration and improvement.
• Promote new thinking, creative solutions and processes, to support current and future business strategy.
• Investigate, understand and propose new areas where technology can create a competitive advantage, improve client service and increase operational efficiency.
• Source and implement new ERP solution (replacing the current legacy solution in place)
• Develop real time data / analytics platform for the varied customer base.
• Own key relationships ensuring that the technology & change agenda is successfully delivered.
• Inspire, lead from the front and be willing to push boundaries.
• Introduce the governance framework suitable for an agile function.
An experienced technology & change leader with a track record of success ideally gained within Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain, you will be a hands-on and tenacious leader with a pragmatic approach to business aligned IT delivery.
Not afraid to roll up your sleeves (expect to be in the depot, lorries and customer services teams in your first few weeks to learn the business), you will be ready for a greenfield challenge, will offer expertise in cutting edge tech solutions and will be passionate about creating enhanced customer experiences.
The ability to operate in a complex organisation will be essential and you will also offer:
• Demonstrable ability to drive and deliver technology, change & digital strategy.
• Excellent leadership and management skills.
• Strategically, technically and commercially astute with a passion for IT and a desire to drive business growth through new solutions.
• Ability to translate technical information into simple, and non-technical speak for the wider stakeholders.
• Influence with the ability to build strong, close working relationships with senior level stakeholders.
The role offers an attractive package base salary c. £70k - £80k + Car allowance + bonus, pension and more.
Please do not delay in applying for this unique opportunity. Alternatively if you have a friend or colleague that may be suitable please pass on my details. Successful referrals will be rewarded.
0161 244 9583