0161 244 9581
Principal Software Engineer | eCom Marketplace | New Engineering Hub in Manchester
One of the UK’s favourite eCom Marketplaces (3m hits per week) has recently set up camp in Manchester and is currently recruiting a new engineering squad as they look to re-platform the entire estate from monolithic to a microservice based architecture.
To kick things off, we have a key hire to make: Principal Software Engineer
The CTO States: “We are offering a unique situation in that we have enterprise scale, but startup-like values and cultures and want Engineers who want to make a difference.”
We are looking for an Engineering Leader, responsible for the planning, execution and successful end-to-end delivery of the core back end platforms. Leading across all the squads, you will help define the future landscape with BigData opportunities at the core of their plans.
You will play the lead role in transitioning onto an entirely new technology stack based on .net core / ReactJS, Microservices, Cloud and more…
Whilst leading from the front as a hands on engineer is essential, we are looking for someone who has a passion for leading too as 30 to 40% of your role will be focussed on developing the engineers through mentoring & coaching, enabling them to reach both their career goals and the objectives.
A passionate engineer by heart, you should enjoy technically leading and developing people while collaborating and inputting technically as a software engineer in your own right.
Some of the things we are looking for:
• You enjoy working within a cloud first approach with an interest in Azure or AWS preferred.
• Data driven, you are passionate and want to make a difference.
• You are a product enthusiast always putting the needs of the customer at the forefront of the things you build.
• You are pragmatic around agile, quality over delivery and over-engineering.
• You thrive in an environment that fosters driving quick decision making to help achieve scaling objectives.
Are you interested in driving your career and the career of other engineers to new levels?
This is a unique opportunity in Manchester for a brilliant company making waves across their industry.
0161 244 9581