0161 244 9583
Experienced Java Engineers - Leeds
MRJ Recruitment is proud to be working with an innovative Leeds based client who is embarking on an exciting journey utilising cutting edge technology to enhance the customer’s digital experience.
This client has rolled out a number of digital applications which has led them to be leaders in their field. Using the latest Augmented Reality Applications, AI, Robotics, digital assistants and voice interfaces. All of this is in a learning culture where it's safe to fail-fast and use each hurdle as a chance to learn.As a key member of the team you will have the space and the opportunity to continually improve and explore the world’s most exciting tech.
What do we want?
- A technical expert with a passion for code!
- You will be a hands-on contributor in the team, thinking about everything from architecture and security to performance. You will have a continuous improvement mindset and are proactive in driving positive change.
Please note: you don’t need to have experience in all these technologies – just the ability to pick things up quickly.
As an experienced Java Engineer who loves problem solving, you will have experience / expertise in a mixture of the following:
- Agile development (TDD / BDD)
- Defining software methodologies and standards
- Experience of Software Design
- DevOps Culture
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Develop and maintain web / mobile products written in Java Services and hosted in AWS.
· Contributing to projects and tasks are delivered on time, budget and to specifications.
· Ensure rigorous testing of features.
· Work in best practice methodologies of software development (Design Patterns, SOLID principles).
· Implement and maintain best practices in version control (GIT) and continuous integration.
· Work in an agile (SCRUM/Kanban) environment with tasks managed in JIRA.
· Propose and evaluate new technologies and processes.
· Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
As well as a clear progression path you can earn up to and around £50,000 with the opportunity for a further 10% Bonus.
Other benefits include:
• 26 days holiday + UK bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
• Flexible working (flexible start, finish and lunch times + option to work from home)
• Generous pension
• A range of further optional benefits inc. private medical care for you and your family.
• Opportunity to drive your own professional development inc. training courses
0161 244 9583