0161 244 9581
Head Of Data - Own / Drive the end-to-end global data strategy (Retailer)
Are you interested in owning and driving the end-to-end data strategy for one of Europe's leading Retailers?
"Greenfield and very exciting", our client is investing heavily in its technology as part of their growth transformation and there is no better time to join with Data / BigData at the forefront of their plans.
"We are 3 years behind where we should be in terms of Data and this hire is essential if we are to achieve against our plans/targets over the coming years."
Reporting to the IT Director, the Head of Data will be the final piece of the jigsaw in the Technology leadership team and work closely with the business owners, product owners and tech team, taking responsibility for owning and driving the Data & Business Intelligence strategy from architecture and data modeling to deployment, optimization, monitoring, and management of all data related services.
A great role with a huge challenge, the successful Head of Data will be responsible for: leading and building a strong team (Developers, DBA's, Data Scientists and Analysts); providing outstanding strategic and operational leadership to develop, implement and evolve the company's data-led insights capability; and building data standards and governance to ensure a superb R.O.I now and in the future.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Data, offering expertise in data warehousing, business intelligence & Analytics, gained at a senior level within a large multinational organization. Retail experience is useful but by no means essential. More important is your experience working with large data sets.
In summary you will offer (but won't be limited to):
* A track record in building and leading strong teams (Developers, DBA's, Scientists).
* Passion for and deep knowledge of data engineering, lakes, warehousing, governance and data quality.
* The current environment is Microsoft heavy within an AWS infrastructure. Experience in this is useful, however expertise in leveraging the cloud capabilities of any of Azure, AWS and GCP is key.
* A growth mindset, continually learning with a keen interest in AI, Machine Learning and emerging technologies
* Extensive achievements in building and leveraging strong business and stakeholder relationships; able to manage conflicting views and requirements to achieve win-win outcomes.
What will you get?
It's a brilliant time to be joining the company as they continue to grow in new regions and continue to dominate within the field in the UK. Interested in having a chat and finding out more?
Six Figure package on offer (£85k to £95k base + car allowance), bonus, pension, 25 days holidays and more.
0161 244 9581