MRJ is currently working with an award winning and technology leading FTSE250 client in Manchester as they continue to expand their engineering centre of excellence.
Role: Test Engineer (Drive Automation)
Due to continuous growth across their product teams, we currently seek a driven, passionate and automation test engineer looking to take the next step in your career.
Do you have a passion for automation, cloud infrastructure and engineering?
You can expect your day to day to be spent doing hands on automation, writing, scripting and implementing automation frameworks. As well as designing and writing automation scripts, you will be testing new and existing web APis, neatly tucked in with a spot of manual testing from time to time. However the manual testing aspect will be legacy regression testing with an aim to automate this going forward.
You will be responsible for the development and innovation of new ways of testing to improve product quality and reliability.
We always try to be ready for the unexpected, as a result we load test our site to the extreme every week, so an understanding of load testing tools such as Jmeter is a huge advantage.
Technical skills aside, you will act as the go to person for automation and testing within the fast paced technology team helping to diagnose, reproduce and fix issues found by internal users and customers, so a cool head, easy going attitude and an ability to talk technical to non-technical people is a must. You will be the top of the food chain in the QA team so mentoring junior engineers will also play a big part in you role and objectives.
* Strong experience developing automated tests for back end, web applications and APIs
* Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Cloud technologies (AWS)
* Ruthless attention to detail, quality and consistency, combined with ability to work to tight timescales in a fast-paced agile environment.
* Experience with BDD, writing BDD test cases and scenarios.
* Familiarity with DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
* Familiarity with virtualisation software and containers (Docker).
Don't miss out, this is a brilliant opportunity. £35k to £45k, Bonus, up to 26 days holidays (+bank holidays), flexitime, cool new offices and more.