0161 244 9581
*Brand new exclusive role*
Manchester City Centre
£50k to £60k + bonus
We are looking for an experienced Senior Front End Engineer to contribute significantly to the architecture and visual components of a modern, React-based, web stack.
Our client is currently using React in the development of an emerging, greenfield, product, as well as modernising an existing in-production, server-rendered, application. As their existing products have grown significantly, the senior engineer would be responsible for increasing the reliability and scalability of a web-based application.
Additionally, they are actively developing new products and are seeking to develop a modern, rigorous, and sustainable approach to development.
Who is the client?
Our client is a rapidly growing VC-backed Data Engineering company based in Manchester.
The company has taken the market by storm and currently works with large organisations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
As they pioneer this new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering, you'll serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance.
Due to growth, we are looking for a talented Front End Engineer, who loves immersing themselves in complex problems. You will be building innovative solutions using the latest technologies to solve one of the most important problems of the big data age.
?Core job responsibilities
* Contribute to architectural and technological decisions involved in a modern web-based application (using React, Vue and TypeScript).
* Contribute to the creation and adoption of an internal design system, i.e. a reusable library of visual components.
* Build a user-focused, data-intensive product that our users can navigate and use with ease and accuracy.
* Work with product managers, senior developers, tech leads, and engineering managers, to advocate and communicate our rapidly evolving product requirements.
* Implement new features in existing products, in an extensible, scalable and well-tested way.
* Contribute significantly to the migration of an existing server-rendered application into a modern web-based stack (i.e. React).
* At least 3 years commercial front-end development experience, of which React is a large component.
* Experience building software which is complex and/or data-orientated.
* Understanding of underlying web technologies, e.g. HTML, CSS, HTTP protocol.
* Familiarity with testing libraries (e.g. Mocha and Jest) and approaches (e.g. unit testing, e2e testing, UI component tests).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in explaining and justifying technologies, patterns, and decisions
* Previous experience working in a cross-functional, product team
* Exposure to full-stack or backend development, especially Java
* Experience using a typed language, especially TypeScript.
Want to chat and find out more?
Don't miss out, this is a brilliant opportunity. Apply today with your Linkedin, Stackoverflow or github profile and let's discuss more.
0161 244 9581