0161 244 9581
A fantastic new assignment for MRJ's senior appointments team on behalf a giant in the North East - Head of IT Security
Working closely with the Group IT Director, and joining the senior technology leadership team, the Head of IT Security will be responsible for leading and driving the end-to-end security and compliance agenda for the business.
A brand new position within the business, where Security (Technology & Data) has not been focussed upon, the successful Head of IT Security will be instrumental in leading and driving the security and compliance agenda, adjusting to the needs of a dynamic and growing business and building a team as you deem fit.
Providing an expert knowledge of information security solutions and applications, as well as good information security methodologies, in summary you will be expected to:
* Understand the business strategy, and information security requirements, implementing information security standards, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, recommending secure architecture aligned to business needs, and remediating integration issues
* Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested
* Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning
* Share best practices in information security
* Interact with stakeholders at board level, influence direction, articulate risks, and sell secure solutions and roadmaps
* Documenting and executing the internal risk analysis process and third party risk process for
We are looking for a highly experienced Security Manager with expertise in building and leading the end-to-end security agenda from scratch. You will be a forward-thinking senior security leader, with extensive experience in IT Compliance, Security, GDPR and IT strategy.
An industry recognised certification such as CISA, CISM, CISSP will be a pre-requisite for this role.
Is this you?
It is expected that you will offer experience/skills in:
* Developing and maintaining information security audits, policy, standards and guidelines
* data security, policy and governance
* Cyber / IT / Network Security (firewalls infrastructure)
* IT Security and Risk Management combined with significant organisational and security industry awareness and knowledge
* Building modern web applications with a layered security approach
* Maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders (internal and client)
INTERESTED IN DISCUSSING MORE?
We have no doubt that 2019 will be interesting for everybody, however opportunities like this don't come around very often. If you up for the challenge, and feel you have the expertise to take this large scale security task, let's talk.
Package: c. £80k (with some flex) + great benefits package
0161 244 9581