0161 244 9583
CONTRACT - Configuration Manager
MRJ are currently working closely with a leading retailer, entering a full transformation and on a huge digital journey. They are already leading in the retail world and their technology team is an exciting place to be right now.
"Greenfield and very exciting", our client is investing £millions into tech, in-line with growth and have an urgent requirement for a newly created role.
Role:- Configuration Manager
Rate:- Up to £500 per day
This role is pivotal to the success of the strategic Service Management Platform Programme. You will be expected to work with the third party implementer, being the expert for Configuration management. You will coach, mentor service staff and with your industry knowledge manage Configuration data in a complex, fast-moving environment as well as the execution of the processes. We are looking for an experienced Configuration Manager to:
* Be accountable for the overall BMC discovery and Configuration product
* Ensure delivery of a well manages and maintained Configuration Management Database against documented service levels
* Establish Configuration Management controls in line with the solution design and supporting processes
* Create, Govern and maintain Configuration Management policies (including defining/contributing to naming conventions and other standards within Morrisons).
* Contribute to the overall Data Model strategy for Configuration Management planning.
* Work with key stakeholders / Data owners who contribute to the quality, effectiveness and efficiencies of the processes and the CMDB data.
* Initiate and lead Continual Service Improvement for the Configuration Management Process
* Run and operate the Configuration Management process and procedures including configuration identification, control, audit and status accounting.
* Produce Technical and Business Service maps within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) representing business impact to customers and clients.
* ITIL v3 Qualification (Expert preferred)
* Experience of working in a practitioner role for a Managed Service Provider or similar is preferred
* Experience of delivering and managing a Configuration Management Database (CMDB ) across a number of operating environments and platforms such as cloud technologies.
* Experience of BMC (preferred) and cloud-based hosting
* Extensive experience of continuous IT operations in large, demanding environments
* Proven capability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across many teams
* A willingness to take ownership of issues
* Strong leadership skills.
* There is a need to guide various IT Suppliers and Service Delivery teams.
* Managing teams within an outsourced (offshore) environment and to lead and influence virtual teams *Proven communication and documentation skills, both verbal and written
If you'd like to know more apply today, or call 0161 244 9600.
This role is being advertised by MRJ Recruitment, a team of talented team of specialist recruiters that live and breathe the Digital age. We like to make life easy for our candidates and clients alike and live by our ethos every day: Unearthing Digital Talent | Building Inspiring Teams.
0161 244 9583