0161 244 5987
MRJ are currently working closely with a leading retailer, entering a full transformation and on a huge digital journey. They are already leading in the retail world and their technology team is an exciting place to be right now.
“Greenfield and very exciting”, our client is investing £millions into tech, in-line with growth and have an urgent requirement for a newly created role.
Rate: Up to £450p/d
Role: Contract Java Developer
• Define, design, deliver and transition business change via development of resilient high quality Java micro-services which leverage serverless architecture on Cloud platforms (preferably Amazon).
• Managing relational data on Postgres, including schema creation and query development, plus additional database services such as Dynamo DB.
• Harnessing the full functionality offered by AWS including ECS, EC2, Elastic Search, Lambda, etc.
• Helping drive excellent development practices in a fast-paced environment, within a team of permanent and 3rd party development resources.
• Harnessing broad experience to manage a variety of stakeholders.
• Work with Solution Architects to understand and interpret end to end system designs.
• Harness DevOps experience to create the automated software build and deployment pipelines and automated provisioning of environments and support assets.
• Must be a self starter and able to work on own initiative
• Full life-cycle development in Java, following Agile principles.
• Modern day development experience in Microservices, Containers (Docker).
• Strong AWS experience - with a working understanding of AWS components.
• Enterprise Application Integration using REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, Flat File, Atom.
• COTS Integration.
• Integration Security: Basic Auth, OAuth, PKI, PGP, SSH.
• API Gateways.
• Iterative Development.
• Data Extraction, Migration, Synchronization & Transformation across multiple systems.
• Test Drive Development, Unit and Component Integration Testing. Automated testing using nosetests, selenium, cucumber framework. Continuous Integration, Testing and Deployment.
• Code configuration following GitFlow, release management with Pipeline configuration, both using Bitbucket and Jenkins .
• Confluence & JIRA tools.
You’ll be rewarded with a generous package and the opportunity to get involved in some exciting things.
If you’d like to know more apply today, or call 0161 244 9600.
This role is being advertised by MRJ Recruitment, a team of talented team of specialist recruiters that live and breathe the Digital age. We like to make life easy for our candidates and clients alike and live by our ethos every day: Unearthing Digital Talent | Building Inspiring Teams.
0161 244 5987