Position: Software Engineer (APEX)
We're investing heavily in our APEX (Availability, Pricing & Extras) product strategy as we look at new ways to provide a booking experience our customers love and ensuring we have a single source of information across our inventory estate.
What will your role be?
Joining our engineering teams, you’ll join a culture which revolves around getting things done. We deliver with small, fully autonomous teams that have real ownership of their products using a cutting edge stack in a best-idea-wins meritocracy. We operate what we build – which means reliability is key and devops is part of every engineer’s job description.
Day-to-day you will:
- Work as part of a full stack product team, you’ll be responsible for building innovative products to ensure we continue to deliver optimal experiences for our guests and owners.
- Help shape the overall architecture and tech strategy for our APEX platform using the right technology for the task, rather than allowing the technology to dictate the solution.
- Contribute to driving best engineering practices such as CI/CD, TDD, cloud architectures and pair/mob programming
- Experiment (it’s encouraged), collaborate, learn and debate.
- Be an active member of the engineering and wider tech community within Awaze
Who are you?
We’re looking for a Software Engineer, experienced in various technologies who loves nothing more than solving problems in a collaborative, agile development environment.
You’ll enjoy working in pairs (maybe sometimes a mob), you thrive in an autonomous product engineering and enjoy working with international teams.
A Full Stack Engineer at heart, you will offer experience/knowledge in a mixture of the following (we are not expecting you to know everything):
- Developing and deploying production AWS services
- Infra-as-code tools: Terraform, CDK, Serverless
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines: Github, Github actions & workflows, AWS Codedeploy
- Modern quality practices, such as pairing, TDD, BDD
What are we offering?
- Competitive Base + bonus
- Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays (plus the option to buy up to 5 additional days)
- Holiday Discounts: 18% to 20% discount across all AWAZE UK brands
- Pension: 4% matched
- Healthcare: personal
- Life assurance: 3 x salary
- Perkbox: Annual subscription
- 35 hour working week (flexible working)
- Hybrid working (min 1 day per week in our Manchester office)
- You choose your kit (Mac or Windows Laptop)
- Learning time: We like our teams to spend at least 2 hours a week (if you want to) for L&D.
- Sunlight account - a learning & development platform with an individual training and wellness budget per year
awaze, who are we?
We’re europe's largest holiday vacation rentals group bringing together iconic travel brands including Cottages.com, Hoseasons, Novasol, James Villa Holidays and Fincallorca.
We’re proud to have over 100,000 properties in our portfolio, in 25 countries across Europe, giving our guests the choice of a fantastic range of properties and taking over 1.5 million bookings each year.
Since 2020, we’ve built up a great team of people in the UK & Denmark, who continuously work and collaborate closely together, solve large scale problems and have loads of fun as we continue on our amazing technology & digital journey, the largest technology replatforming project ever in the travel industry.
We’re on a genuinely exciting period of growth, with one simple vision – to delight our owners and guests. Our international product engineering teams are ripping up our entire estate and building brand-new products as we continue to deliver a single platform which will: delight our guests & owners; unify our brands; and create a culture that cultivates collaboration, innovation and celebration.
Ready to join us on our journey? Apply today!