🚀 Awaze: Europe's Vacation Rental Giant Invites You on an Exciting Journey!
🌟 At Awaze, we're not just another vacation rental company - we're a family of iconic travel brands like Novasol, Cottages.com, and Hoseasons. With over 1.5 million bookings yearly, we boast a remarkable portfolio of 100,000+ properties across 25 European countries.
🎉 Join Our Vibrant Team and Be Part of Travel Industry History
💪 Since 2021, our incredible team of engineers in the UK and Denmark (100+ strong) has been tackling the travel industry's largest-ever technology replatforming project. As we prepare to launch our new core platform in 2024, it's an exhilarating time to join us and contribute to our mission of delighting owners and guests.
🤝 Why Awaze?
💡 Innovation:We're constantly pushing boundaries, seeking fresh ideas, and embracing cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the vacation rental experience.
🚀 Growth: We're on a rapid growth trajectory, and your contributions will directly impact our expansion and success.
🌍 Global Impact: Our reach spans across Europe, offering you the chance to make a difference on a continental scale.
💼 Endless Opportunities: We offer a diverse range of career paths, allowing you to grow, learn, and excel within our dynamic organization.
🏡 Position: Senior Software Engineer (3rd Party Distribution Management)
Our 3rd Party Distribution product team is responsible for 1/3 of revenue across the group and is an essential product area for the business as we continually look at new ways to optimise the best value for our owners.
Upon joining this team, you'll join a passionate product team embarking on a rebuild journey with a new microservices and event driven architecture at the core, and introducing new technology and solutions to allow our API's to talk to our 3rd party partners more effectively.
What will your role be?
Joining our engineering teams and reporting to our Engineering Manager, you’ll join a culture which revolves around getting things done. We deliver with small, fully autonomous teams that have real ownership of their products using a cutting edge stack in a best-idea-wins meritocracy. We operate what we build – which means reliability is key and devops is part of every engineer’s job description.
Day-to-day you will:
- Work as part of a full stack product team, you’ll take responsibility for building innovative products to ensure we continue to deliver optimal experiences for our guests and owners.
- Help shape the overall architecture and tech strategy for our product journey using the right technology for the task, rather than allowing the technology to dictate the solution.
- Contribute to driving best engineering practices such as CI/CD, TDD and cloud architectures.
- Mentor and grow software engineers (grads, juniors and mid-weight engineers).
- Experiment (it’s encouraged), collaborate, learn and debate.
- Be an active member of the engineering and wider tech community within Awaze.
Who are you?
You’ll enjoy and thrive working within an autonomous product engineering team and enjoy problems, we have many to solve.
A Full Stack Engineer at heart, you will offer experience/knowledge in a mixture of the following:
- Experience building applications in Kotlin (our chosen language) would be great as would experience with Typescript and OpenSearch (Elastic)
- Building Microservices and APIs within an Event Driven Architecture environment
- Developing and deploying production AWS services
- Experience building CI/CD pipelinesInfra-as-code tools such as Terraform & Terragrunt
- Modern quality practices, such as pairing, TDD, BDD
Ready to join us on our journey?
If you're interested in transforming the industry and reinventing how our technology powers everyday amazing holidays, please send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's chat today.
*Please note, our teams are based in Virum, close to central Copenhagen*