Our client, tech-driven B2B and B2C organisation that is the UK’s largest corporation in its field is looking to commence a company-wide IT expansion following a several high-profile contract wins and continued success across their core markets.
To help support, they are looking for a skilled Network Engineer who possesses expertise in SDA principles through Cisco DNA Centre's. Additionally, proficiency in managing and deploying Cisco Firewalls via Firepower Management Centre is crucial. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the brand's network infrastructure, ensuring ongoing design improvements, optimization, and effective issue management.
Salary: Up to £40k - £45k + bonus + bens
Location | Workplace Policy: Leeds based, ideally 2-4 days a month
- Take ownership of the brand’s network output and ensure all issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Ensure your network appliance solutions adhere to the network and security practices
- Establish yourself as a knowledgeable network expert that the business can look to for help in architectural decisions
- Take charge of designs and changes of the brand’s existing network
- Evaluate the current network capacity and find ways to improve
- Assist the Enterprise Network team in upgrading our core network and data centre to support our growing parcel network.
- Periodically travel to UK sites and help with remote site network implementation troubleshooting
- Assure that the SIEM systems in place are being used to the fullest extent possible to provide true 24/7 365 network alerting and logging.
- When necessary, provide mentorship to junior team members
- Conduct third-line support
While the company is currently undergoing a massive rebrand that has seen profits skyrocket and news outlets hail the company as having "the experience of an industry leader with the energy of a young start-up”, you’ll be joining a super agile and free-thinking team comprised of 2x Enterprise Network Engineers, Juniors and a Manager that has carte blanche to improve the networks team in any way you see fit.
Core skills needed:
- Experience with SDA principles via Cisco DNA Centres
- Experience of deploying and managing Cisco Firewalls via Firepower Management Centre
- 3 years + relevant commercial experience in IT field
- CCNP Qualification in Routing and Switching
- Firewall experience with FMC / FTD
- Ideally will have exposure to DNA – Digital Network Architecture and SDA – Software-Defined Access
- Skilled with Stealth watch and umbrella (preferable but not required)
- Background with ISE - Identity searches Engine
- Strong knowledge and experience of the CIOS operating system
- Knowledge of active directory/ group policy configuration
Other key requirements:
- Must have a valid UK drivers licence
- Willing to travel internationally (Holland, Germany, France) twice annually
In exchange for these qualities, you’ll not only be joining a brand that has a proven corporate model of success, (as evidenced by their record-breaking peaks of business over the last year) but also an ethical and conscientious employer that actively strives to create a supportive and positive working environment for all.
For more info, apply now!