An exciting and rapidly expanding name within the eCommerce game that has over 80 years’ experience atop the industry, our client is a ground-breaking organisation that, since its formation in 1981, has remained true to its trademark family-owned, grassroots approach to business.
They’re currently on the lookout for a Head of Development to manage, maintain and oversee the IT development direction of the business!
Up to £75k + bonus | Hybrid in Greater Manchester
A key role, you’ll have full reign over software dev projects and push to make the business reach operational excellence. The role is perfect for someone looking to step up into a head of role from being an engineering manager or lead!
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee and create a development strategy
- Maintain the software delivery life cycle and ensure efficiency and effectiveness is achieved
- Develop, influence, and promote development governance across the business
- Ensure alignment between the high-level Delivery Hub, Incident Hub plans and the IT Business Plan
- Oversee release management and ensure its aligned with industry practices
- Develop and implement a roadmap for IT development, automation, artificial intelligence, and machine learning applications.
- Create efficient development workflows and procedures
- Generate clear release plans circulated around the business to key stakeholders
- Organise sprint plans in line with IT Incident Hub (BAU) and Delivery Hub (Project)
- Work to achieve Sprint performance KPIs
- Oversee the entire Development Function and ensure the team is aligned in objectives and tasks
- Motivate and guide a team of integration and application/automation developers to success
What skills you need
- Experience leading or managing engineering team
- Skilled at leading a team of integration and application/automation developers
- Comfortable fostering relationships with a variety of internal/external stakeholders through communication
For more information regarding the company’s expansion plans and your integral way of delivering them, get in touch with us and we’ll be sure to give you the full rundown