Welcome to awaze, europe's largest holiday vacation rentals group.
A family of iconic travel brands including Novasol, Cottages.com & Hoseasons. With over 1.5 million bookings each year, we're proud to offer our guests a choice of over 100,000 properties in our portfolio, in 25 countries across Europe.
🏡 Why join us?
Since 2021, we’ve built up a great team of engineers in the UK & Denmark (100+), responsible for solving the largest technology replatforming project ever in the travel industry. As we roll out our new core platform in 2024, it's a genuinely exciting time to join us as we continue to innovate, evolve and grow our platforms with one simple vision and aim: "to delight our owners and guests."
Do you want to join in the fun of transforming the travel industry?
Position: Engineering Manager (Guest Acquisition)
"To put it at its simplest, our Guest Acquisition team is responsible for ALL the home pages, landing pages and search forms across EVERY brand under the awaze group and we're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead this team.”
🏡 What will your role be?
Joining our engineering teams and reporting to our Director of Engineering, you’ll join a culture which revolves around getting things done. We deliver with small, fully autonomous teams that have real ownership of their products using a cutting edge stack in a best-idea-wins meritocracy. We operate what we build – which means reliability is key and devops is part of every engineer’s job description.
🏡 Day-to-day you will:
- Lead a full stack product team responsible for building innovative products to ensure we continue to deliver optimal experiences for our guests and owners.
- Provide technical leadership and ultimately act as the technical authority for the Guest Acquisition solutions.
- Drive best engineering practices (keeping processes light) such as CI/CD, TDD, cloud architectures and pair/mob programming.
- Experiment (it’s encouraged), collaborate, learn and debate.
- Mentor and grow software engineers (grads, juniors and mid-weight engineers).
- Be an active member of the engineering and wider tech community within Awaze
🏡 Who are you?
You will be a hands-on Tech Lead with a passion for coding, whilst utilising your expertise to lead and inspire those around you. You’re someone who relishes tackling and solving tough problems, and have the mindset to allow each solution to drive the technology choice, not the other way around.
You’ll enjoy leading in pairs (maybe sometimes a mob), you thrive in an autonomous product engineering, enjoy working with international teams and will offer experience/knowledge in a mixture of the following (we are not expecting you to know everything):
- Experience building front end B2C applications
- Development experience in React, Next.js, Typescript
- Knowledge & experience working with Contentful (our CMS System)
- Knowledge & experience working with design systems
- Developing and deploying production AWS services
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines: GoCD, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc
- Infra-as-code tools such as Terraform
- Modern quality practices, such as pairing, TDD, BDD
Ready to join us on our journey? Apply today!
*Please note, our teams are based in Virum, close to central Copenhagen*