Position: Director of eCommerce
A new role as part of the SLT, the Director of eCommerce will play a pivotal role in driving online sales growth on a global scale whilst enhancing the customer experience through effective digital strategies and execution of brand voice.
Key day-to-day responsibilities:
- Structure, manage and grow the Performance Marketing and Digital trading teams in your own vision.
- Develop and execute the overall e-commerce trading strategy: roadmap, budgets, planning, and operational requirements aligned with the brand's objectives and profitable growth targets.
- Manage the digital marketing channels (Paid Search and Social, Organic Social, SEO, Email, Display Advertising), whilst driving a stronger internal team v agency.
- Manage the overall user experience, including site navigation, content development in conjunction with the brand marketing team, checkout funnel, customer service, and promotional campaigns.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless customer journey from product discovery to purchase, including website design, user experience, and conversion rate optimization.
- Optimize website performance, including page load speed, consumer journeys, mobile responsiveness and experience, and checkout process, to drive conversion and customer satisfaction.
- Analyze market trends, competitor activities, and customer insights to identify opportunities for growth and optimization.
- Play a key role in our go-to-market strategy and maintain a close relationship with the creative & brand marketing teams and merchandising & planning teams.
- Report on business trends and provide insights and recommendations to the senior management team on how to further maximize results for our e-commerce business.
We’re looking for a hands on eCommerce Director with the expertise of leading both performance marketing AND trading activities within entrepreneurial privately owned ecommerce companies.
And in summary, it is expected that you will offer:
- International B2C experience including (but not limited to) the US and Chinese markets.
- Strong understanding of and expertise in managing & optimizing e-commerce websites.
- A passion for the customer always looking at opportunities to drive and optimise the overall user experience.
- Expertise across all performance marketing channels (Paid, Organic, SEO, CRM etc).
- A data driven mindset with a deep passion and understanding for analytics with the ability to use data to drive decisions quickly.
- Great decision-making skills, including the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and collaborative skills.
Interested to find out more?
If you have the combined experience in digital marketing AND trading and have a track record working with founders | entrepreneurial privately owned business, we’d love to chat.
Finer details: £150k base + bonus, 4 days in the office, 3 stage interview process (starting asap).