0161 244 9599
2nd Line Tech Support (Evening shift)
Salary: Salary of £60k + 10% Bonus + Microsoft Certifications
Location: Fully remote across the UK
Hours: 4pm – 12am
Founded in 2005 with an aim to empower businesses through an innovative and revolutionary workforce management solution that optimises business productivity, the organisation we are representing is a highly regarded, multi million pound and multi-award-winning Microsoft Gold Partner (1 of 15 in the UK!)
Already working alongside some of the biggest brands across the banking and financial services sector and investing millions into their Azure SaaS product, they’re now looking to strengthen their customer services branch and need experienced 2nd Line Tech Supporters with AWS/Azure Cloud app experience to work across their growing UK markets on evening shifts (4pm – 12am).
Taking responsibility for the brand’s app performance and health across linux-based products, you’ll need to be highly efficient in scripting (Azure CLI, AWS etc.) and capable of handling a wide range of tasks including colleague support and the eventual implementation of AI, ML and Big Data tech!
What will you be doing in this role?
• Proactively write and optimise SQL
• Regularly support the brand’s Linux-based products
• Ensure work correlates well with 1st line & 2nd line tech support teams as well as the 24/7 global customer base
• Investigate network issues around traffic, routing & firewalls
• Through query execution, highlight areas of poor performance and move to improve using SQL and other tools
• Analyse and resolve problems in IIS for the brand’s VM-based solutions and Azure Application Services and Azure Functions
• Establish yourself as a data expert that can spot issues and resolve sufficiently
• Own data transformation components including SSIS packages (as we move to PaaS, other shiny new things) as well as create, update, and delete them.
• Design the analytics section of the brand’s solution through collaborations with product & devs
• Maintain customer applications and ensure they are readily available
• Play a key role in the adoption of new products and app upgrades across the SDLC
• Periodically provide technical solutions in collaboration with the CSM team.
• Ensure the brand’s IT management system is adhered to across the business and that compliance with applicable local, national and regional laws are understood and followed
What skills do you need?
• Comfortable working evening shifts (4pm – 12am)
• Wide breadth of experience in scripting across Azure CLI, AWS CLI, Powershell, Bash
• Basic understanding of the following tech: HyperV, VMware, KVM, Hypervisors, docker, Kubernetes
• Firm understanding of all things concerning infrastructure from DNS to routing to firewalls and TCP & UDP differences etc.
• Experience in Linux software (think NginX, Tomcat, Java, Bash, Shell. Terminal, SSH)
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
• Analytical mindset that can approach problems logically under pressure and work out the best approach to solving problems
• Highly adaptable worker that can pivot in tandem with situations.
• Working knowledge of ITIL methodology
• Comfortable working on the occasional weekend, early morning or evening
• Prior background working in a similar technical support role
With the company in the process of incorporating a range of revolutionary A.I and machine learning products into their tech stack, this is a fantastic time for an ambitious Tech Support expert to join our client as they embark on a new and exciting journey!
Contact us or apply for more info!
0161 244 9599