0161 244 9600
Location | Workplace policy: Hybrid working from Manchester
Salary: £Competitive + £Bonus + Amazing Benefits
About the company:
A great new opportunity has opened for an experienced Engineering Manager to work for an innovative data driven FinTech that boasts regular monthly user bases of over 20 million users.
Our client is seriously disrupting the technology market Nationwide and pride itself on being innovative, super agile & technology first. They have a range of super exciting tech innovations coming up (building a new data platform, using AWS PaaS/serverless technology, etc.) that your expertise in increasing engagement and retaining customers will help make possible.
With the brand also heavily in the acquisition game, having scooped up several highly renowned up and coming brands, it’s an excellent opportunity to expand your career in tandem with a thought-leading enterprise that is at the forefront of the digital era.
About the role:
Based within a collaborative workspace that promotes freethinking ideas, Engineering Managers will oversee delivery and ensure through mentorship and strategizing that teams are aligned in their decisions, in line with company processes and in control of customer outcomes from project to product.
You’ll help champion stellar performance across the business and, along with a brand-new Product Engineering model that has been purpose-built to maximise engineering performance, will work to delight customers across the UK.
In addition, you will:
• Establish a comprehensive and deep understanding of your engineering team, the wider business and the goals, ethos and values underpinning all
• Pair program with engineers
• Engage with the onboarding and training process
• Operate alongside your team and help create well-thought out and effective strategies that push your team forwards
• Lead your team to success through regular mentorship and 121s and ensure performance standards are reached
• Delegate tasks and help your team prioritise tasks
• Remove impediments and break down dependencies.
What kind of person are we looking for?
• Passion for mentoring and nurturing engineering teams and helping them to perform to the best of their abilities
• Skilled agile software development practitioner (TDD, CI/CD) across both development and work practices
• Exemplary communication and relationship building skills that can establish long lasting and trusting relationships with a broad range of character types
• Enthusiasm for diversity and fostering collaborative workspaces that promote new ideas and approaches
• Driven by improving one’s own skillset and treating everyday as a new opportunity to learn and grow
As an equal opportunities employer, you’ll be able to look forward to a diverse and inclusive work environment that will uplift you and enable you to become a big player in both the organisation and the wider fintech sector.
Ready to take the next step?
0161 244 9600