0161 244 9583
Product Manager – Data
Location | Workplace Policy: Hybrid working from offices in a central Manchester location
Salary: Up to £55k + 14 % Pension + 20% Bonus
Sector: Digital, Retail, Tech
Employing over 2,000 people across the UK, our client is a dynamic and thought-leading digital retail organisation that has been able to ascend to the forefront of the market through a versatile corporate model that involves adapting to changing customer habits and transforming archaic business practices.
Now in the midst of migrating from an on-prem data warehouse to a cloud architecture platform that will enable scalable AI products, our client is looking for a confident Data Product Manager to imbed themselves within the agile data team and manage the entire product management framework from inception to delivery.
With external client facing meetings and collaborations between SME’s & business owners being a big part of the role on offer, communication skills as well as an ability to define data problems are the prime skills needed to succeed and flourish in this position.
What will you be doing?
• Take ownership of all aspects of the new data platform and ensure it remains aligned with the rest of the business
• Work diligently on the data platform roadmap, remain on track and report on progress
• Manage workshops that highlight customer issues and work to solve
• Follow the Product Management framework and ensure each phase produces necessary artefacts
• Establish clear OKRs that are backed up by data
• Create and refine user stories and work alongside tech teams to convert them into solutions and requirements that deliver user story outcomes
• Ensure Acceptance Criteria are captured, clearly defined and met for each user story
• Regularly organise sprint planning, refinement and 3 Amigos to assist user dev story delivery
• Play a key role during weekly roadmap sessions and quarterly business reviews and effectively communicate the value delivered
Key skills needed:
• Prior experience in a similar data product management environment
• Demonstrable experience in delivering value to stakeholders
• Highly attuned to what customers want and strategic enough to figure out routes to success
• Highly capable stakeholder manager that can communicate effectively across a variety of mediums
• Confident to voice when something isn’t right and able to back up thoughts with data
• Exposure to JIRA & Confluence
• Experience with data platform concepts, tools and technologies such as AWS/Azure & Data Lakes/Warehouse/Mesh etc
Enjoying a varied workload that will both reward and challenge you in equal measure, you’ll be joining a growing area of the business with an emphasis on innovation that isn’t afraid of taking risks and pushing the boat out on today’s competitive and tech-focused digital retail market.
Sound like something you might be interested in?
For more information, please apply now or contact me and let’s kickstart your new journey today!
0161 244 9583