0161 244 9600
Site Reliability Engineer
Salary: Salary of £38k-£44k + perks
Workplace policy: Leeds (hybrid remote)
Firmly positioned within the tech sector as an industry-leading company, our client is a world-renowned and ever-evolving organisation that has arisen to the top of the crowded marketplace through a strict and meticulous brand philosophy that centres around customer focus, innovation, and quality.
Due to the brand's rapid growth (15% growth in the past five years) and recent €1bn investment by a leading global private equity investor, the company is expanding their core teams and looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help improve IT processes across the business.
Your immediate responsibilities will span across the entire business, enabling you to advance your career both in and out of the role.
• Take immediate responsibility for the deployment of apps to productions
• Ensure any raised issues, bugs are fixed as quickly as possible
• Keep on top of Service Level Objectives and ensure apps are sufficiently built to handle demand
• Maintain documentation and runbooks and communicate knowledge gathered in SRE across the business
• Provide support to your team with issues availability, performance and scalability issues
• Highlight deviations from technology standards to the TDA (Technical Design Authority)
• Support services that are shared development environments (think Gitlab, Concourse, Jenkins)
Core skills needed:
• Prior experience with configuration management tools and infrastructure as code (company uses Ansible and CloudFormation)
• Exposure to CI/CD tools (Jenkins etc.)
• Past work with AWS, Windows and/or Linux administration
• Educated to degree level in Computer Science or a related field, or with equivalent practical experience
• Skilled in at least one of the following scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go)
• Experienced with application containerisation platforms and registry e.g. Docker & ECR
With these qualities, you'll not only join an organization that has a proven track record of success (as evidenced by last year's record-breaking levels of business) but also an employer that tries to create a supportive, positive working environment for everyone.
For more info, apply now!
0161 244 9600