0161 244 9583
Salary: Basic salary of £70k - £80k + 25% Bonus
Location: Manchester / Remote – Monthly travel to Manchester
Our client is a dynamic and thought-leading digital retail organisation that has been able to ascend to the forefront of the market through a versatile corporate model that involves adapting to changing customer habits.
Now in the middle of reinvigorating their Architecture team through monetary investment and team expansions, we’re looking for a Cloud Architect with an in-depth knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS to help the business migrate from a monolithic platform to a modern cloud based micro-service architecture.
With you playing a crucial role in the defining of the company’s overall tech roadmap through multiple projects and platform modernisations, it’s a perfect role for any architect looking to get involved in huge multi-years programme of work with many career defining moments up for grabs!
• Communicate across the business and ensure solutions are being built in line with brand expectations and tech roadmaps
• Ensure platform migrations go ahead as planned and to schedule
• Continually update the tech catalogue for other members of the team
• Help support delivery squads through the creation of solutions designs and architectural artefacts
• Work alongside 3rd party partners and ensure your voice is heard
• Gain sign off for solutions at the technical design governance forum
• Support key team members as requirements are implemented into the design
• Conduct regular governance and quality assurance
• Be open to working in an agile and collaborative environment – with the flexibility to change one’s work style if needed
• Provide support to other members of the team and ensure solutions are released quickly and smoothly
• Help maintain the architecture roadmap through regular and expert strategic inputs
• Provide estimates and timings to Delivery Managers and Product Owners for the creation and support of architectural artefacts.
• Continually strive to improve architecture processes and improve overall functionality/standards
• Remain up to date on industry trends/movements and ensure any worthwhile methods are implemented into architectures where appropriate
• Demonstrable experience working in a similar infrastructural role
• In-depth knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
• AWS Architect certified (or working towards this)
• Background in eCommerce retail or financial services
• Expert communicator that can translate business needs into infrastructure architecture requirements
• Skilled at meeting stringent non-functional requirements for designs (performance, scalability etc.)
• Empathetic leadership qualities that can comfortably work alongside a wide variety of internal and external figures
• Experience using docker (desirable)
• Able to assist in the definition of roadmaps to evolve the technology landscape, at both tribe and enterprise levels
• Understanding of DevOps (CI/CD and IAC etc)
For more info regarding this great opportunity, get in touch now!
0161 244 9583