0161 244 9583
ROLE: Service Delivery Manager
REPORTING TO: Head of IT
ROLE PURPOSE: Responsible for the delivery of IT services and end user support
We're investing heavily in our tech and digital innovation and to show our intent have recently appointed a great new CTO to the board to take us on this journey.
At BBHQ, we’re all about the innovators, and the everyday heroes – because that’s where we came from – and that’s a history lesson we can get on board with. We’re constantly redefining what we do and so our people need to embrace change. It’s our DNA. A ‘that’s the way we’ve always done it’ attitude just won’t wash!
Constantly looking at new ways to enhance our customers shopping experience, we’re embarking on a super exciting new digital journey including (but not limited to) Mobile, AI & ML, international website launches & new brand launches, and we’ve got key hires to make in our digital & technology team to ensure we achieve our goals.
Service Delivery sits within our Digital department.
What will you be doing?
As the Service Delivery Manager your function will be responsible for providing and supporting the company with IT Services such as: compute, printing, back office applications, software management, network, security, telephony, and remote access. The team you will manage provide first line support for service users, proactively identifying as well as addressing and resolving issues arising.
Possessing a high level of technical understanding of your domain, you will remain close to the ‘user experience’ and be responsible for the quality of work being produced by the team as well as leading by example.
This role will be tasked with helping to ensure service levels across the whole of our Digital estate are met or exceeded therefore key to success will be establishing strong professional relationships and working collaboratively across Digital and the wider business.
You will be accountable for delivering continuous improvement, taking opportunities to evolve and innovate IT services, promoting self-service and automation, and ultimately facilitating service excellence.
• Responsible for day to day management of our helpdesk support team
• Work with the team to install and maintain hardware/software/networks throughout our cloud systems, head office and our warehouse operations
• Ensuring our portfolio of IT assets are managed effectively
• Introduction and management of change control process within Digital
• Ensure the stability and scalability of the various internal and third-party systems to maximize up time and minimize disruption to the end customer experience
• Work alongside our Infrastructure and development teams to put in place software and system monitoring with appropriate alerting
• Ownership and management of out of hours support function ensuring our eCommerce platform and critical IT services are always available
• Create and own incident management and escalation procedures – documenting procedures and tracking and monitor problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner
• Third party supplier management including (but not limited to) negotiating contracts, managing KPI’s, OLA’s and SLA’s
• Providing management reporting on our service levels and availability
• Managing costs as they arise to ensure adequate IT service levels as well as value for money from all suppliers
• Maintaining, monitoring, and improving the security of our back-office IT estate and network
Who You Are?
We are looking for a seasoned technologist; you will work across all aspects of IT, therefore a sound and thorough knowledge of foundational IT concepts and technologies is essential, along with a desire to develop and innovate the technologies employed.
You will ideally have management experience and a track record of delivering service excellence within a fast-paced business.
You will need to be competent at making tactical decisions on a day to day basis as well as setting strategic direction for the function.
You must also demonstrate a strong background in developing and maximising relationships with third parties such as suppliers and outsourced resource providers.
Other desirable attributes required are a strong focus on customer service, teamworking, quality control and resource planning.
Do you want to be part of our growth journey?
Our core values (Innovation, Communication and Customer Focus) run through every decision made and from our buyers and designers to our customer service advisors, our technology specialists through to our editorial and marketing teams, we’re innovative and creative boundary pushers.
You’ll be joining a “one team” culture, where there are no boundaries to what you can achieve.
What’s in it for you…
• Generous & competitive salary
• Great development programmes
• Amazing offices and great culture
• Pay day drinks / parties
• Huge staff discount and regular sample sales
• And tons more…
Sound like you? Come and join us on our journey!
0161 244 9583